Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Day Full of Surprises

This morning, I woke up early to go into my high school with Michael and Hilary, two friends from high school that go to UD with me, to sing Calc Carols with the AP Calculus classes. We surprised all of our teachers and a lot of friends.

After reuniting with everybody, I met my parents at my dad's office. I had no clue what was going to happen. The only thing they told me was to show up at 3:15pm and dressed nicely.

When I got there, I found out that my parents were taking me and my cousin to Philadelphia to see the Nutcracker performed by the Pennsylvania Ballet at the Academy of Music.

We took the train straight from Lancaster to Philadelphia and when we got there, we ate dinner at a cool little Irish pub (which got me into the mood for Saturday). After dinner, we walked over to the show and when we got there, my cousin and I went downstairs and followed a hallway back to the Orchestra door. It was VERY tempting but I held back and didn't go into the pit.


The show was absolutely incredible. I've seen it almost every year for as long as I can remember, and it still hasn't gotten old. After we left, we wanted to see the light show at Macy's and get coffee from Saxby's at the train station. Unfortunately, the light shows were done for the night AND Saxby's was closed. This usually would have been a complete bummer, BUT the night (and day) as a whole was absolutely AMAZING! (and I got an iced latte from Dunkin Donuts to compensate for my lack of Saxby's)



Well, that's it for now.
Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment